Images and content

Any copyright images or content displayed here will removed on request. Thanks.

Monday 5 September 2011

Cut government expenses - administer the cane to hooligans


Some of you will have heard about the so called “riots” in England a few weeks ago. 
Since then there have been thousands of words written in the newspapers about the justice (or injustice) of sending these hooligans to prison. Maybe if we administered justice “Singapore style” with 6 or 12 strokes of the rattan cane, then we would not be paying so much to keep these miscreants in prison and maybe there would not have been any looting in the first place. I don’t imagine that the courts in Singapore see many people for a second offence after a caning.


I will not include any of the actual images of a judicial caning as they are quite strong. This one gives you plenty of scope to imagine what it might be like to bent over for the strokes from a rattan cane, which has been soaked for hours in water to give it added weight. Anyone who is interested in this topic can key Singapore Canings into You Tube to see how painful they might be.

4 comments:

  1. I know the rattan cane is hard to take dry, can't imagine it wet. Judicial caning is an interesting concept. If implemented in the states; especially with the hardcore juvenile offenders, they might think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katia
    Thanks for stopping by.
    I enjoy taking the rattan cane but have never come close to receiving it in a judicial manner. I think that sentences of the cane in both the US and UK would cut down offending rates and be a lot less costly than our current penal system. I don't suppose it will happen because there will be some do-gooders who say it is an inhumane punishment. I say it is is more inhumane to let louts threaten old people or run riot in the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely. We would have far fewer hooligans committing mayhem.

    Thank you for including me in your blogroll.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which of these NFL preseason bulk video
    games are you most excited about watching in Week 2? It flees while the
    foe is momentarily blinded.

    my site Resident Evil Video Game

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your comments. It is nice to get feedback. I cannot reply to comments on my mobile phone so I will make a separate comment to respond to you.