Images and content

Any copyright images or content displayed here will removed on request. Thanks.

Saturday 2 March 2013

March comes in with a lion

Things had been fairly quiet over the week. We had both been getting on with our work and tasks and job hunting. Going out is curtailed at the moment for austerity. In many ways that is no bad thing - the food is actually better at home and the internet television  provides a lot of entertainment. 

I have started to help at a local charity to get me out of the house and doing something useful. 

Anyway, as I say, things were quiet until Thursday when it came to light that I had forgotten to pay a parking fine that I had incurred a month ago. I had not mentioned the original fine to my wife and had planned on paying it electronically from an account that I used for business so it would remain unknown..

 Only I forgot to do that and a letter arrived at the house which she opened. Woe is me. Now instead of a fine for £28.00 if I had paid within 30 days it is an amount of £56.00 and worse she knows all about it.


There was some serious discussion and I felt pretty bad about the whole thing.. The lecture she gave me was a stinker and there was a long silence for most of the evening. Before we went to bed she called for the punishment book. This has not been out of the drawer for some time and as I turned to the current page and got her a pen, I saw that there quite a few misdeeds which had not been crossed through as having been dealt with by a punishment.

I was told to get on with something useful while she watched the TV and went through the book.
When we were in bed that night she informed me that she was still livid about the whole business of the fine and that she had decided to ignore the punishment book and go straight for a punishment of 56 strokes with the long paddle and two canes. I could expect the worst she said and it would happen sometime on Sunday.

March looks as though it will get off to a difficult start. 

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a bummer enjoy the aftercare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?

    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost
    on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many options out there that I'm completely confused .. Any recommendations? Appreciate it!

    Here is my blog post: diet plans That work

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your comments. It is nice to get feedback. I cannot reply to comments on my mobile phone so I will make a separate comment to respond to you.